Providing for our growing workforce
Providing for our growing workforce with a superior education is a strong community tradition. Located within a 35-mile radius of the Dayton Region are:
- 40 colleges and universities
- 10 adult training facilities
- 600 undergraduate programs
- 140 graduate degree programs
Within minutes of Huber Heights are a host of nationally acclaimed institutions of higher learning. Together they offer everything from advanced degrees to executive leadership training.
- Air Force Institute of Technology
- Antioch University/ McGregor School
- Cedarville University
- Central State University
- University of Dayton
- Urbana University
- Wilberforce University
- Wittenburg University
- Wright State University
One of the best vocational and some of the best two-year colleges can be found in the Miami Valley.
- Sinclair Community College - a satellite learning center is located right here in Huber Heights!
- Miami Valley Career Technology Center
- Edison State Community College
- Clark State Community College
Training funds are available primarily for industrial and eligible administrative or office operations that are creating or retaining jobs. The Ohio Investment in Training Program can assist with up to 50% (and up to 75% in eligible areas) of training costs, including management techniques, instructor fees, “train-the-trainer”, eligible travel costs, and other related expenses. The federal Workforce Investment Act funds are managed by local One-Stop Centers.
Helping you on your journey to success
Aileron is a non-profit organization created to strengthen communities by helping business owners lead and manage their companies, driving growth, innovation and jobs. Aileron is located within minutess of Huber Heights. In 1996, Clay Mathile--former owner of The Iams Company--created Aileron to help fuel private business and free enterprise, providing business owners with the tools and support they need to mature and succeed. Clay's journey to build Iams was full of sacrifice, determination and continuous learning, and he recognized that many people helped him along his path to success. Therefore, he's passionate about providing resources to others on the same journey. And it is through Aileron that Clay works to help these other business owners on their journey to success.
Summer YouthWorks Program
Take a moment to view a video that reviews Montgomery County's Summer YouthWorks Program.
Click HERE to view the video
The youths' wages are provided through State and County funds, which is a tremendous benefit to the participating businesses. This collaboration provides the work experience and guidance needed to create a strong and informed future workforce.
Montgomery County will:
- Approve applications
- Contribute the salary for the youth
- Issue Workers Compensation insurance
- Provide Job Readiness Training
- Perform case management services for all youth
Participating businesses will:
- Identify positions, required skills, and attire for participating youth
- Employ youth between the ages of 14 - 17 for 8 weeks during the summer of 2014
- Agree to deliver a valuable work experience and knowledge of your industry by training, mentoring, and evaluating the youth
In 2014, YouthWorks will provide employment opportunities for 2,000 young people that will help shape their future and create a generation of career informed youth.
To participate in 2014, contact: