The Clerk of Council's Office is responsible for managing the day to day administrative functions and work of the Mayor and the City Council. The Clerk of Council acts as a liaison among the City Council; City administration, City staff; Huber Heights residences and businesses; and other individuals and entities. This office also maintains the City's records archives and processes requests for public records. Additional duties performed by the Clerk of Council's Office:
- Prepares and distributes public notices of all City Council Meetings and other legal notices.
- Attends, records, and prepares minutes of all City Council Meetings and City Council committee meetings.
- Prepares and distributes City Council agendas and meeting packets.
- Prepares and maintains City Council legislation and related matters.
- Oversees the codification and maintenance of the Huber Heights Codified Ordinances.
- Coordinates appointments to City boards and commissions and related matters.
- Handles phone calls, emails, and correspondence for the Mayor and City Council.
- Handles media contacts and distribution of City press releases.
- Serves as the custodian of official City records and public documents and certifies, seals, and attests to public or other legal documents or records.
- Provides information to citizens, civic groups, and other parties as requested.
- Coordinates City Council actions and work with the City’s administrative staff and the public.
- Provides assistance to the City Council, City Staff, and the general public in researching records, documents, City Council activities, and legislation.
- Provides oversight to the budgets of the Mayor and the City Council.
Clerk of Council
Deputy Clerk of Council