TAX FILING DEADLINE APRIL 18, 2022
Only payments will be accepted in the lobby.
Use the drop-box for payments, completed returns and requested documents. Returns will be completed by curbside only.
To ensure the health and safety of our residents and with the social distancing needed, we are offering curbside service.
1. Call the number on the sign upon arriving - 937-237-2976.
2. Give your name, phone number, make and color of car. Residents will be taken in
the order of their call.
3. Have your picture ID and tax documents ready (see below for list of documents).
4. An employee will come out to your car, verify your ID and get your tax documents.
5. The employee will place everything in an envelope, bring paperwork into the office
and give to a Tax Technician for completion.
6. After completion of the return, the Tax Technician will call you to go over your
return or discuss any balance due.
7. Paperwork will be brought back to your car.
8. The employee will re-verify your identity with ID, have you sign the return and give
all copies back to you.
Here is what is needed for us to prepare your return:
● All W-2(s) for 2021
● Federal 1040 Page 1 and Schedule 1 (if you are not sure, bring complete 1040)
● Federal schedules A,C, E (pages 1 and 2), F, K-1 and 4797 (if applicable)
● 1099 Miscellaneous and 1099 NEC
● W-2 G – gambling winnings
● Copies of other local tax returns or refund requests that you have filed
If you do not have the required information, we will not be able to prepare your return.
All residents 18 years of age and older must file a return with the city. You cannot file for someone other than yourself. However, if a couple files jointly only one signature is required.
For those residents that do not have a cell phone or ride the bus you can call the office for an appointment by calling 937-237-2976. These are very limited time slots.
E-Filing is also a great option.
Prepared tax returns can be put in our drop-box by our front door.
The tax rate is 2.25%.
The City imposes an income tax (also known as an earnings or wage tax) to provide revenue in support of general municipal operations, maintenance, new equipment, extension and enlargement of municipal services and facilities and capital improvements as authorized by Ordinance (84-0-157, passed by voters 11-6-84) and subsequently amended. The City of Huber Heights levies a tax on salaries, wages, commissions and other compensation, and on net profits as provided in the Ordinance. Effective January 1, 2015, the income tax rate for the City of Huber Heights is 2.25%.
Annual Interest Rate
By October 31 of each year, the interest rate that will apply to overdue municipal income taxes during the next calendar year will be posted herein, as required by the Ohio Revised Code Section 718.27(F). The interest rate is calculated by adding five percentage points to the federal short-term rate (rounded to the nearest whole number percent) that was in effect during July of the current year, in accordance with ORC Section 718.27(A)(5), and it is applicable to tax years beginning on or after January 1, 2016.
Based on these requirements, the applicable interest rate is as follows:
|Year||Annual Rate||Monthly Rate|
|2021 to 2022||5%||0.42%|
|2019 to 2020||7%||0.583%|
|2017 to 2018||6%||0.5%|
Residents can E-File, print returns from our website, come into the office for assistance, or request a form to be mailed. This has helped the Tax Division save paper, printing and postage cost.
We are now accepting Visa, Mastercard and Discover payments in our office, over the phone and online for all tax payments. There will be a 2.45% convenience charge added to all credit card transactions, with a minimum charge of $2.45. Visa debit convenience charge is $3.95 flat rate.