The Veteran Identification Card Program is an innovative new program to assist veterans in obtaining benefits. The program serves as a proactive safety net to ensure veterans securely record their DD-214 and obtain a valid form of state-issued identification that can be used to assist in obtaining healthcare benefits, burial benefits, specialized veteran loans, store discounts, and more.
Some benefits to the Veteran ID Card include:
- Your Veteran ID Card serves as proof of honorable military discharge and services.
- More convenient to carry a card.
- Serves as a valid form of voter identification.
- Can be used to assist with obtaining eligibility for hospital, burial, service credit benefits, store discounts, and more.
- The Veteran ID Card is FREE of charge
- If you show your wallet-sized Veteran ID Card issued by the Montgomery County Recorder’s Office, you will receive year round discounts from businesses not only in Montgomery Coun-ty, but also across the state of Ohio and the United States.