Once the repair is complete, a RED Boil Water Advisory door tag will be hung on your door. Please note - Boil Water Advisories are a precautionary measure only. They do not mean your water is unsafe. Water samples are taken, to verify that the water still meets EPA standards for drinking water.
Once your service is restored (until the samples results are received) bring tap water to a rolling boll for at least one minute before using when:
- Drinking or preparing beverages that require water.
- Preparing baby bottles/food
- Washing and preparing foods to be eaten raw (fruits vegetables etc)
- Preparing foods that do not require cooking for prolonged periods of time
- Making ice cubes
- Brushing your teeth/rinsing mouth
You DO NOT need to boil tap water when:
- Taking a shower or bath (make sure young children do not swallow the water)
- Washing dishes in hot water (make sure you wipe them thoroughly dry)
- Doing the laundry. Or Any other of use that does not require consumption..
Once the lab has verified the samples meet EPA standards, they will call the water department with the results and a technician will be deliver a BLUE door tag on your door notifying you that you no longer need to boil your water.